I've mentioned a few times that I decided to complete a triathlon. It was a long road there, and my other-than-triathlon life sort of fell by the way side, including fishing. I did get out a bit, but not nearly as much as I used to.
Here's the photos, taken by my loving, supportive wife, during my first ever triathlon.
The helmet matching the bike? Pure coincidence. You see, I had forgotten my helmet at home, and its a requirement, so that was a helmet belonging to a very nice gentleman named Chaz.
The bike ride was harder than I had trained for and my legs felt terrible here. I had practiced this a dozen times and never felt this bad. Luckily, it eventually went away.
My official time was 1:51:19. 236th place out of 250. Last in my age group. None of that matters - I finished a damn triathlon. My time is 9 minutes faster than my goal. Nine. Minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment