Did you hear me just breath a big sigh of exhaustion?
A day after my return from fishing for migratory fish in pretty skinny water with a bunch of great friends (including foulhooked and Brian, who's been featured on the foulhooked site and who I happened to have been friends with in high school), my arm is still sore after hooking into (but not landing) two fish that were considerably over the 20 pound mark and foulhooking countless others (no worries, I either broke them off or threw slack so my hook would come loose). The last fish of the trip took me directly into my backing and into a tree across river from me, where luckily Brian was walking by and free'd for me.
I have many photos, but all feature people who I don't want to ask permission to post their photos, so I leave you with this, non descript photo of a beautiful fin backlit by sunlight.
I want to publically apologize to foulhooked for not staying on Saturday evening to hang out and catch up. I had some work to do today so I couldn't stay the extra night. I definitely wish we had more time to BS and to catch up with you and Brian though since I haven't seen Brian in 8 years and wanted to hear about your days. I'll be fishing the [local famous river] as often as I can now that I think I have my truck sold (and will be purchasing a car soon), so we'll all have to get together for that.

1 comment:
Nothing like hooking into a mac truck and feeling completely powerless to stop it.
Apologies are for sissies, don't sweat it. Would have liked to hang out a little more, but after having a fishless sunday ourselves, I think you made the right decision in heading home to be productive. Weather was gorgeous though.
Post a Comment