Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Weekend To The Green State

Since my wife constantly plans better birthday getaways for me than I can ever imagine to try to do for her, I decided to go all out this year. We took a trip to northern Vermont for two and a half days so she could see a city she hadn't ever seen before and so that we could both enjoy the local cooking talent that this area is known for.

You know that I'm a wanna-be foodie and beer-ite so this was an awesome trip for both of us. Here are some photos.

Otter Creek Falls
My wife's Mocha Cappuccino at the Storm Cafe

My lunch, easily the leanest and most tender cut of corned beef on an awesome sandwich with a great salad.
 
... and that was just one day. We ate a lot more amazing food made from local products, and I drank more beer than I should have. We shopped, we walked, we hung out, and we had fun. I hope she enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments: