Thursday, June 12, 2008

Philosophy

I really had planned on making a post, waxing philosophically about how fly fishing is more than blah blah blah blah blah.

Then I realized that that content is WAY too uppity for my blog right now. I haven't caught any fish in a long time and got broke off last time I tried by a large bass (or something, broke my 6lb test mono leader in the middle). Trout still escape me even when they're close enough that I could probably grab them with my hands I still can't hook one to save my life. That float trip? Yeah, got skunked in a pool where there was, on average, 2 rises per second and without exaggeration, fish were jumping out of the water within 15 ft of where I was standing in the middle of the pool. I'm going back to sunfish in rotten stagnant water.

I'm going fishing tonight - again after illusive Hudson River Smallmouth but in a different spot this time than I've never tried before. Hopefully it will prove fruitful.

Go read some of the blogs on my side links in the mean time.

No comments: