
So I just realized its been well over a week since I posted last - not good. I think the last post probably left you with "I'm fishing this weekend and I'll post a report". I never did.

My lovely wife and I made the trek to the finger lakes region last weekend for some much needed R&R. After having a hectic 6 months we really needed to go somewhere where we could leave our responsibilities behind and enjoy ourselves. So we did.

We arrived Friday evening and headed north to visit a friend for dinner. We went to this fantastic diner and the three of us ate dinner - I ate two dinners and a desert - and were stuffed for the grand sum of 30 dollars with tip. My meal was a large bowl of Chilli that they called a "cup" (and had a larger size, I might add) and a hamburger and fries smothered in their home made gravy. My meal with chilli and desert cost 7 dollars. Really? I can't make my own dinner for 7 dollars.

Saturday morning we woke up just in time to have breakfast with the rest of the occupants of the B&B we stated in. Breakfast was Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Soufflé. Fantastic.

Then we went for a hike and fishing. Nothing really to report on the fishing - there were lots of decent sized fish that I couldn't figure a species on and couldn't get to bite. They were later identified as spawning Smallmouth. Go figure.
But the scenery was beautiful.

And I got to show my wife the right way to eat and pronounce Gyro (Year-Oh).
Haven't fished since then but will be heading out in just over an hour to that famous river to exact my revenge on the trout that have thus far eluded me. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment