Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Favorite Blogs... Explained

I thought I'd highlight the links under Favorite Blogs. These are certainly not all of the blogs I read (thank god for Google Reader) but they are my favorites. I didn't include a couple that I really enjoy that are personal blogs more than topical blogs, but to those of you that own them - realize that they are also part of my private favorite lists.

Dan's Humidor (danshumidor.blogspot.com)
  • Dan's Humidor is a cigar blog dedicated to reviewing cigars and giving you a relatively objective view on them. I'm not a big cigar smoker, but on occasion I'll enjoy some fine tobacco products. Dan is really a very humerous writer and also a friend - take a few minutes to check it out.


Foul Hooked (foulhooked.blogspot.com)
  • Foul Hooked is a fly fishing related blog with a little bit of politics and personality thrown in. The blog is authored by someone semi-local to me, but I've yet to meet them on the river. The site has good fishing reports and the occasional post that encourages you to think about what is going on around you. Enjoy it.


Josh's Beer Blog (joshsbeerblog.blogspot.com)
  • Josh and I share a very important thing in common; Beer. Though I don't drink it often, when I do, I thoroughly enjoy a pint of good beer. Josh takes the thousands of "Good beers" and sacrifices time and cash to taste test all of what is available in his region. He's a friend and is providing a valuable service the foodie community.


The Day Tripper (daytripperblog.com)
  • The Day Tripper is a now defunct fly fishing blog written by someone who is also semi-local. Unfortunately he shut down his site recently, but did leave up a database of the fly patterns he had posted. Things will be changing and the address may not always stay what it is but I'll make sure to update it. He says although he's not going to be blogging anymore, he will keep up an archive of the patterns he posted, albeit at a different address. Stay Tuned.


Whisky and Stogs (whiskyandstogs.blogspot.com)
  • A Co-worker, Friend, and fishing buddy decided he wanted to join the blogging circle. He's a huge fan of all things related to Scotch Whisky and enjoys a cigar on a fairly regular basis. The site is new and still being developed but keep checking back if you're one to like your drinks when they end with "neat" or "on the rocks".



I'll be adding a few more links shortly and will be sure to highlight them as well.

No comments: