Saturday, August 30, 2008

Knock one off the list...

A while ago I posted my list of things I wanted to accomplish this year - number 10 was get my wife to try fly fishing.

She did, and I am going to knock that off the list. Not only did she try it, but her first time fishing, fly fishing, dry fly fishing, she caught something. Nothing huge, but it was certainly something.


On a dry fly. Seriously. A Yellow Sally I had stuck in my hat. I can't even catch fish on dry flies, and here she is showing me up?! I'm proud. Very, very proud. I can't even stop talking about it.

I caught a fish too, but on a mini clouser. Hers was a little bigger than mine.

So, knock it off the list.

Also, in that same post, I listed the species of fish caught. I couldn't come up with #10, but I remembered what it was... Rock Bass. And now I've added the Chub as well, so that makes 11. Hopefully next weekend I'll add two more - Pike and Brook Trout.

 I'm excited. And I'm DEFINITELY bringing both fly rods next weekend for some couples fly fishing. As if I'd only bring one anyway.

No comments: